Custom AV Interfaces
Engage and impress with in-store audio demos.
Case Study // Sennheiser
Specification, development, and build of highly customised audio player and custom button interface for interactive product demo for the launch of Sennheiser’s new high-end Momentum headphones.
The initial objective was to find an off the shelf solution within the quality and price constraints or failing this, identify and work closely with a specialist manufacturer who could develop our requirements into a finished solution in a very tight timescale and to very demanding parameters
To demonstrate the very wide frequency range of the new headphones which were designed to provide very low frequency output with very minimal distortion. The POP unit allowed the customer to listen to a selection of music via our audio player but also to plug their own device in and override the audio player circuit.
- To demonstrate the audio quality of the Momentum headphones.
- To engage users and create a link between the display and technology.
- To demonstrate the interchangeable cables supplied with the headphones allowing connection to and control of a mobile phone.
- To create a unique point of difference in a crowded marketplace
- We evaluated a large number of audio solutions in the market place to try to source an off the shelf solution of a suitable quality but were unable to find anything that matched the brief.
- We worked with a specialist manufacturer to develop the solution within the quality and price requirements and refined this over several months to meet and exceed the client’s requirements.
- We developed an integrated screen option to work in conjunction with the player. (not rolled out)
- Project management of the whole technical side of the project including custom wiring and interface.
- Audio duplication for SD cards.